Travel Nurse Tools
Cost of living calculatorUse the cost of living comparison calculator below to compare the cost of living in two cities.
Fuel Cost CalculatorFind the average cost of fuel in any of the 50 US States.
Drug guideDrug monographs for thousands of medications from the new 15th edition update, regularly revised to keep you current.
Documents and Forms for a Travel NurseFind out more about the employment requirements for healthcare professionals.
Items needed to begin travel nursing:
- Copies of state nursing licenses (front and back, no originals)
- Certifications (copies of BCLS card by the American Heart Association, and any further certifications needed based on specialty – PALS, ACLS, NALS, etc.) (front and back) copies of the cards and the nurses or healthcare professionals need to be sure that they have signed them.
- Personal documents (copies of Social Security card, driver’s license and résumé, letters of reference)
- I9 form
- W4 form
- State tax form
- Vaccination records (immunizations required—rubella, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B and C, measles, mumps and an annual flu vaccine or titers showing immunity)
- A physician statement (completed every year)
- Respirator fit test
- Annual TB test: If TB test is positive then documentation of a clear chest x-ray is needed. The chest x-ray is usually good for two years, but some facilities have different time frames for completing the chest x-ray.
- Tdap vaccine—many hospitals are now requiring this.
- Skills Check List/Assessments