Satisfy your pizza craving with fewer calories
Who doesn't love pizza? It comes in so many varieties and it's warm, cheesy and full of bread—it doesn't get much better than that.
If you're trying to eat healthy, you probably know that pizza isn't the best option. All that cheese and bread comes at a cost—lots of calories. Thin crust pizza is a great way to make a pizza that's better for you, but still tastes delicious.
Thin crust pizzas have less bread and can be made out of whole grain pita bread that has fewer calories than regular pizza dough.
Try out this recipe next time you're in the mood for pizza: What you'll need:
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. diced red onion
- light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 can of all white meat canned chicken
- garlic powder
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the balsamic vinaigrette on your pita bread like you would pizza sauce.
- Top the pizza with the cheese, red onion, chicken and spinach.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and pepper on top.
- Bake until bread is crispy around the edges (about 10-12 minutes).