Turkey chili recipe: A classic comfort food without the calories
Turkey chili is a guilt-free way to squash a comfort food craving.
It's easy to turn to a fast food restaurant or a coney island to get your chili fix. Try making your own chili next time you're craving this comfort food. This turkey chili recipe is satisfying and hearty, but is low calorie, so you can feel free to go for seconds, or maybe even thirds.
What you'll need:
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- I pound ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- I jar Tabasco chili starter/mix original (use the spicy recipe if you want your chili to have a little kick)
*NOTE: All canned ingredients are approximately 14 ounces
- Brown ground turkey (add salt and pepper) in nonstick soup or chili pan (drain as desired).
- Add all other ingredients (do not drain beans or tomatoes).
- Bring to a slight boil stirring well.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Pour in bowl and enjoy – add low-fat shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream or non-fat Greek Yogurt, chopped raw onion, or oyster crackers at your palates request.