Oatmeal: How to make a delicious & nutritious breakfast
It's said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, therefore, you want to make sure you are eating a breakfast that has nutritional value and keeps you full.
Oatmeal will fill you up, has nutritional value and can have tons of flavor without piling on the sugar. Pass up the instant oatmeal packets and make your own using old-fashioned oats and water or milk.
Try this oatmeal recipe for your next breakfast meal:
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water, almond milk, or skim milk
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
- cinnamon (as much as you'd like)
- Combine the oats with the milk or water.
- Microwave for 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients.
Change your toppings If you start to get bored with the same oatmeal recipe every morning, you can switch it up by changing to a different natural nut butter (cashew or almond), or add other toppings such as raisins, fruit or dry nuts for a little bit of a crunch.