Flavorful & filling veggie quesadillas
If you're in a rush to prepare a quick lunch or dinner, veggie quesadillas are a smart choice. You just load up tortillas with your favorite fillings, grill them for a few minutes and your meal is ready. Quesadillas are also ideal for parties because you can slice the quesadilla into triangles and serve them as a snack for guests. This quesadilla recipe is a great choice for vegetarians because it is flavorful and filling without meat.
These quesadillas use black beans as a protein source and instead of shredded cheese, the recipe calls for queso blanco dip so you get that extra creaminess. Plus, the raw bell pepper adds a nice crunch, and the green chilies the perfect amount of spiciness.
What you'll need:
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp queso blanco cheese dip
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp green chilies
- ¼ cup black beans
- 1/8 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and turn the stove on medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet.
- Top tortilla with queso blanco dip, green chilies, black beans and bell pepper.
- Add second tortilla to the top. After about 2 minutes, flip the quesadilla and grill the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan, top with salsa and guacamole and enjoy!